It’s that time of year again - spring is just around the corner. Good ol’ Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow on February 2nd - which means that as of right now, we only have 5 more weeks left until Spring.
5. more. weeks. That’s it! (Can you tell I’m excited?!)
Why not get your Spring Cleaning done AHEAD of schedule this year? That way, when Spring finally does arrive, you can spend more time outside enjoying that warm sunshine! Below are some tips (or more like to-do’s you shouldn’t forget) on how to best tackle spring cleaning so your home is sparkly new, just in time for the spring season.
- Dust everything! Dust collects so easily and is easy to overlook. Don’t forget to dust your shelves, blinds, vents, ceiling fans, moldings and light fixtures.
- Windex all windows and mirrors. If you’re kitchen appliances are stainless-steel, be sure to windex them as well. Window washing hack: If you don’t have paper towels around, old newspapers work just as well!
- Flip your mattress. It is suggested that you rotate or flip your mattress every 3 months to a year. Try to get into the habit of at least flipping your mattress every spring season. This will help with the longevity of your mattress’ lifespan and probably help you sleep better.
- Vacuum, shampoo, sweep and mop. Get your floors squeaky clean. Vacuum and shampoo your carpet and also sweep and mop your hardwood floors.
- Get your medicine cabinet and makeup bag organized. This is a great time to go through your bathroom products and get rid of anything expired or that you haven’t used in a while.
- Check your smoke detector batteries. Check your batteries and replace them if need be… Ugh. Any ‘This Is Us’ fans out there? :(
- Wipe down your electronics. Winter is a time for yucky germs. Let’s wipe them away and go into Spring happy and HEALTHY.
- Get your paperwork organized. From car to medical to receipts to tax returns, we’ve all got that pile of paperwork to keep. If you already keep this stuff organized, great. Otherwise, now would be a good time to go through those papers and get organized and your filing squared away again.
The following to-do items will have to wait for warmer months. But be sure to keep them in the back of your mind so you don’t forget about them.
- Eventually you’ll want to rotate your winter clothes to the back of the closet and bring your spring and summer clothes up to the front. We still have some colder days ahead of us though, so you may want to wait on this one.
- And finally, you’ll also want to switch your bedding over to your spring bedding. Mostly, this just means to pack away the wool blankets and bring out the lighter ones.
On top of your regular cleaning routine - this checklist will help you get that ‘so fresh and so clean’ feeling. I don’t know about you, but that feeling gets me SO excited for the warmer months. Spring 2018, we’re comin’ for you!